D-Link DMC-515SC Media Converters (DMC-515SC)
Buy D-Link DMC-515SC Media Converters (DMC-515SC) from Brightsource Kenya
Chassis & Power Supply
The chassis lets you install multiple media converters in an equipment rack together with the network devices for which they provide media conversion. This provides for space saving, and the cabling will look neat. The chassis comes with its own universal AC to DC power supply. For maximum power availability, an optional redundant power supply is available for installation in chassis.
You can select to configure your chassis with or without management functions. If you configure it with management, a management module is available for installation in the chassis. It lets you monitor in real-time the status of all media converters and power supplies in the chassis, it also sends out alarms to alert you of all anormal situations. Management follows industry standards, including SNMP and http, allowing you to monitor and manage from a third-party SNMP management workstation or via a web browser.
Media Conversion Solutions
The following media conversion solutions are available:
– Fast Ethernet twisted-pair to Fast Ethernet 100BASE-FX fiber (single-mode and multi-mode)
– Fast Ethernet 100BASE-FX fiber multi-mode to single-mode
– 1000BASE-T Gigabit twisted pair to 1000BASE-SX and 1000BASE-LX Gigabit fiber
For fiber cables, MT-RJ and SC types of connectors are supported.
Media Converters Stand-alone or Installed in Chassis
The media converters convert signals capable of transmission on one type of cable to signals capable of transmission on another type of cable. This allows you to connect longer distance fiber cables between devices that are designed only for shorter distance cables, such as the Cat. 5 twisted-pair cable.
All media converters in this system come with their own solid metal case housing, LED status indicators and AC to DC power adapters. They can be used as stand-alone converters, or installed in the chassis. In case you install them in the chassis, you will remove their metal cases and slide in their PC boards into the chassis slots. The chassis’s power supply will be used instead of the media converters’ own AC to DC power adapters. All media converters are hot-swappable when used with the chassis.
Media Converter Features
• One-channel media conversion between
1OBASET/1OOBASE-TX and 100BASE-FX
• Fiber SC connector
• Auto negotiation of speeds and duplex modes on twisted-pair port
• Auto MDI/MDIX
• One slide switch for configuring fixed half/full duplex modes
• Store-and-forward mechanism
• Back-pressure & IEEE 802.3x Flow
• Full wire-speed forwarding rate
• Front panel status LEOs
• Can be used as a stand-alone device or with chassis
• Hot-swappable when used with chassis